Zach Condon

Zach Condon



Lately i have had a hankering to draw more dudes, so this one is a portrait of Zach Condon from the band Beirut.

Since about the age of seventeen I've been a fan of this band - I remember getting a mix cd in the mail from a faraway pen-pal and upon hearing Postcards from Italy became utterly enchanted, forevermore! -  It's a precious thing when you can pick up an album at different times in your life and still find it gorgeous and relatable (albeit in an entirely different way...) - and at the moment i'm definitely having a major Beirut kick. In-fact it's the only thing i've been able to listen to for the past two months (interspersed briefly with Atlas Sound and Dustin O'Halloran). Who knows why. I just can't stop. But it's incredible. Perhaps I am in love with these sounds.
What's more, the band are playing at the Sydney Opera House in January,  and thankfully i've got a ticket. Think i might dream up some faux gig posters for fun.

(If you followed my art a few years ago then you may remember slightly embarrassing periods of fan-art relating to other male musicians. What can i say, I'm an obsessive creature.)

At the moment i'm really getting into portraiture and doing lots and lots of detail in lead pencil. Keeps me up until the wee hours of the night. I think i'm happy with the way that things are evolving too, which is certainly keeping my heart content. This has been a happy year, and although i floundered around a bit, in terms of knowing where to go with this art stuff, i think i've found my way again. I know what i need to do. Wish me luck. And please universe, learn how to magically make a couple more hours fit into the day!